End of my first Round

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

| | |
My goals for Round 3:

Write an hour a day: certainly feasible but didn't keep it up. I just needed to kick my own tush more. I'm going to have less time at home starting tomorrow (new job), but I think I might be able to give this goal another whack during Round 4. We'll see.

Hmm, I intended to rough out the second half of one novel in chapter summary format. Never worked on that. Oops. Kind forgot that one.

I did finish the first draft of Red Riding Hood. I'd hoped to be done with the first pass through, but I've at least received feedback from my two alpha readers who have given me some ideas.

All in all, though I didn't stick to my goals very well, I did better than I might have. I also have a better ideas of how to make clearer goals for the next round now that I've seen what other people have used. Progress goals will be more incremented to have steps I can check off. And I'm going to post my goals somewhere on my desk where I can see them and remember what they are.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still unclear how this works. Do you just sign up to start at the beginning of a round? Or did you have to start with Round 1? So confused, and the site is blocked from work, which means I never remember to look at it later in the evening once the kids are in bed. Obviously you set goals and you write, but what's the purpose (other than the obvious: to write)? Focus?

Despite how this might sound coming through text-only format, I am genuinely interested in this thing.

Jaleh D said...

You just add ROW 80 to your blog roll (to help you catch the check-ins and inspirational posts). Then on the next check-in, you just follow the linky to add your blog post about your progress to the list. You can join a round at any time, whatever round it happens to be. I found it just in time for the beginning of round 3. Round 4 starts October 3rd, I think.

Yes, the goal is to write, but it's about supporting all goals pertaining to writing, whether it's prewriting, first draft, various rounds of revisions, final editing, submitting, blog posts, reading posts, reading books, and whatever else. The idea is to have a community to help us focus and encourage us throughout the year, to make writing part of our daily life but without forcing us to dump our non-writing life to do so. Everyone has different goals, so no feeling like you have to get as much done as someone else. It's neat.

Amber Stults said...

Every step forward to the major goals is a good one. I look forward to seeing you in the next round.

Anonymous said...

Your post made me laugh. I am so glad I only set myself one goal I am so forgetful I would have been in the same position. Congrats on what you did acheive and looking forward to catching up with you again during Round 4

Jake said...

Glad to hear that you continue to move forward... Thanks for the updates!

Jaleh D said...

Thanks for stopping by. :D

Deniz Bevan said...

Hope to see you in the next round! Opening a new Michaels store sounds really exciting - mmm, all that wool... drool...
Yup, I'm a knitter/author :-)

Jaleh D said...

Haha! I'm a crocheter/embroiderer/sewer/author. Yeah, I have way too many hobbies.

Post a Comment