Jai Joshi has given me another award: Happy 101. You can read her list of happy things here. I'd have to say she is one of the people who make me happy. A bright cheerful person in person and online, but then that's why I gave her the Sunshine Award a couple days ago.
Isn't that butterfly so pretty?
The rules are that I have to list ten things that make me happy and pass the award to five other bloggers.
1. My family--my hubby helps keep me motivated, and my son is adorable and is pretty good about letting me write.
2. Good music--among my current favorites: Trace Adkins, Corvus Corax, Tartan Terrors, Tom Smith, Arrogant Worms, and the soundtrack for Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog.
3. Musicals--a sampling of favorites: 1776, Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog (yes, I mentioned it again, tough), Mamma Mia (it's great for doing housework to, even got the kid singing the songs, which makes it even funnier), Quest for Camelot, The Aristocats, Mulan, and Avenue Q.
4. Comedies-- (a tiny listing) Lion King 1 1/2, Down Periscope, McHale's Navy (with Tom Arnold), Hoodwinked, Bill Cosby Himself, Kung Phooey, Evolution, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Spaceballs, and Men In Tights (well, just about every Mel Brooks movie for that matter). Not sure Princess Bride is technically a comedy, but it also makes me very happy.
5. Science Fiction and Fantasy! (which is why I created this blog)
6. Funny blogs like The Rejectionist and Hyperbole and a Half.
7. Good artwork--Larry Elmore, J "NeonDragon" Peffer, and Jessica Galbreth. Yes, they're all fantasy artists. What about it? My dragons like them.
8. Snagging a new reader/listener/viewer for one of my favorites. Seriously. You should go check out some of the movies/groups/artists I mentioned above. Not to mention the books and movies I've already reviewed on here.
9. My writing and gaming friends. You all are wonderful!
10. Sunshine and a productive day. Especially when they occur together.
Okay, for my five awardees. I'm sure the first one is no surprise. I'd give Allie the Happy Award, too, but I just gave her the Sunshine Award on Monday. Nothing wrong with spreading out the happy.
Le R at The Rejectionist (gives my abs a workout with every new post)
Ashley at The Ashley Atkins (mom and writer, with lots of humor)
Kaycee at The Musings of a Looneywriter (with sites of the week and links to series lists)
Wendy at Writes in the City (cracked me up last week with sharing the "Telephone" remake)
Moonrat at Editorial Ass (my favorite industry blog-humor and good advice, plus random randomness)
Update: Emily at Stepping Into Fantasy just gave me yet another award: Blogger Buddy Award. I don't know yet who I'm going to give it to. More of you need to start commenting, so I'm not always giving stuff to the same people. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean.