It's time for a new set of goals. Round 4 of ROW80 2011 starts today. After studying the kinds of goals other people had and how vague some of my goals had been, I'm starting off clearer and to more purpose. It also includes care of this blog and support to my fellow writers, since none of us exist in a vacuum.
1. Spend 1 hour every day working on a story task, whether writing new material on any WIPs or revising RRH.
2. Read and comment on a minimum of 5 posts each check-in.
3. Post on my blog 3 times a week, 1 of which must be a check-in.
4. Critique at least 2 posts each week on the SF/F crit forum over at Writer's Digest.
5. Have a specific smaller goal each week regarding my primary project.
This week's goal: Finish writing the beginning of RRH and connect it to the existing draft. Hoping that third time's the charm. Yes, this is attempt three. First two went to scrap file as they didn't fit overall character and story goals. Feeling good about this one, good enough that my crit group may actually get to see it. Currently, it's sitting at 1557 words. Another 500-1000 should get me where I need it to go.
And happy blog-o-versary! My blog is two years old now. It was technically last week, but I don't care. I'm impressed that I've kept it up this long, that I have more followers, and better yet, more readers. Thanks to all of you for supporting my endeavors.