Filk Friday: A Wizard's Staff Has a Knob on the End

Friday, March 25, 2011

| | |
This is supposed to be a filk for Terry Pratchett's Discworld. The words don't begin until a minute into the music. But it is catchy. A Wizard's Staff Has a Knob on the End starts off sounding like early Final Fantasy music, and when the words begin, it picks up a sort of Clancy Brothers feel. One of the top comments is, "Seen on a chalkboard in Hogwarts: "I will not teach first-years to sing 'A Wizard's Staff Has a Knob on the End'."



And as a bonus: here is Death's Job Interview from a production of Terry Pratchett's "Mort."

1 comments:

dolorah said...

Interesting. I was enjoying the music, then the words started. Well, I guess kids might like it.

Love the bear though.

I'll have to come back and watch deaths interview, my kids are too noisy and the head phones don't work.

.......dhole

Post a Comment