Filk Friday: Ragged Man

Friday, March 4, 2011

| | |
I don't think I've shared much from Heather Alexander yet. Ragged Man vaguely reminds me of a story one of my fellow WD forumites had been working on a couple years ago. I wish I could remember who it was, so I could ask how the story was coming along. Even without the tugging on half remembered characters, this song has a pull all on its own. The delicate touch on the guitar enhances the yearning in her voice. I wonder how many different stories could be inspired by these lyrics.



Remember, today is the last day to put in an entry into my milestone drawing. Only five people have entered so far. It's easy peasie lemon squeezie, to borrow a term from a writer buddy. Go to Monday's post to enter. (*melodramatic whisper* $10 gift card, $10 gift card)

2 comments:

Brad said...

Um...wow.

Is it my Raggedy Man from Sword of Glass that you're thinking of?

Even if it's not, this song fits his story almost as if it were written for him.

Thanks for posting this; it's beautiful and just might be what I've been looking for to help me finish his story.

Jaleh D said...

I was thinking it might have been yours, but I couldn't remember for sure. Glad I could trigger inspiration. Now if only I could stumble on a song to inspire one or more of my stories.

Post a Comment